Filling in a self-assessment form can be a real headache – we’re here to do it all for you.

Self Assessment involves completing a tax return each year. You show your income and capital gains (profits on the sale of certain assets) and claim tax allowances or reliefs on your tax return. You need to complete a tax return if you have more complicated tax affairs, even if you already pay tax through your tax code.

If your income is over £50,000 and you or your partner is receiving Child Benefit then you will need to complete a self-assessment tax return.

There are certain circumstances in which you will always need to complete a tax return – for example if you’re:

  • self-employed
  • landlord
  • have additional income
  • receive foreign income
  • a company director
  • a trustee